Matrix Lists Six Benefits of Unified Communications for the Manufacturing Industry
Matrix, an appreciated manufacturer of Telecom and Security solutions, recently added Unified Communication solutions to its product portfolio. Matrix Unified Communication platform, well known in the market as “SARVAM UCS”, offers a bouquet of features. The deliverables of the solution make it an ideal communication tool for retail chains, banks, educational institutions, hotels, hospitals and the manufacturing units.
Matrix, figured out some of the benefits of the solution from installation experiences of UC platform at many leading manufacturer’s facilities. The advantages are:
1. Enhanced Management of Globally Distributed Workforce: With the shift in working patterns, the number of mobile workforce is continuously increasing. There are many instances when numerous people operating in different time zones are working on the same project. Unified Communications brings employees working on multiple locations on a common platform.
2. Scalability: Matrix Unified Communication platform is scalable up to 3,000 users offering connectivity for new age and legacy networks. The Unified Communication solution is easy to install and is an ideal choice for supporting any company expansion plans.
3. Multi-location Connectivity: Matrix Telecom solution streamlines internal communication and offers easy connectivity for external calls. Peer-to-peer connectivity over IP eliminates internal communication cost and slashes down the external telephony costs.
4. Mobility: Smartphone/PC Unified User client helps desk employees easily connect with the mobile workforce. Sharing Presence Status, Drag and Drop Conference and Instant Messaging at the ease of a single touch from Windows PC or Android/iOS based smartphones, offers ease of connectivity and improves workforce collaboration. Furthermore, all these mobility extensions have the same extension number as that of the desk extension, catering to the manufacturer’s need of single number reach for mobile employees.
5. Boost Customer Relationship: Using smartphones or messaging apps is not new in the technological world. Distributors and customers require access to information of all the products present in the store with the manufacturer. Manufacturers also use bulk messaging facility for making announcements regarding an exclusive feature or launch of a new product. Using the SMS Gateway license, manufacturers can suffice this requirement. Keeping employees updated regarding the pending sales order, inventory and dispatch details through SMS allows sales manager to offer correct information and improve customer relationship.
6. Easy Management: Downtime has a massive impact on any employee’s productivity. Centrally managed web based intuitive user interface of Matrix systems offers hassle free configuration regardless of the engineer’s location, reducing system downtime.
“Matrix Unified Communications solution finds its applications in many other industries. Our DSIR recognized R&D is constantly working to add more features to help entrepreneurs scale up the technology curve and improve communication infrastructure at their facility”, said Sagar Gosalia, Sr. VP Sales and Marketing.